Empower and Care Organization, EACO, is a non-profit Community Charity Organization run by Ugandans. EACO was founded in 2004 and has been registered since 2006 (No. MG/2006/10/294). Their core values are solidarity, participation, inclusion, sustainability, dignity, empowerment and human progress.
EACO interventions focus on poverty reduction and address the effects of HIV/AIDS. A majority of vulnerable women, particularly widows and those living with HIV/AIDS, as well as vulnerable children, youth, and the elderly.
Mukono District-EACO is currently working in Mukono, Buikwe District and in the Maracha district. EACO is compelled by the desperate circumstances facing this population and believes that by investing in economic development and improving health, education, these vulnerable individuals can be empowered to seize new opportunities and broaden their horizons for a brighter future.
1. To encourage, promote, and support economic activities and agricultural production in rural communities that will improve quality of life i.e. entrepreneurship, marketing techniques for small businesses, microfinance, and the implementation of income-generating activities (IGAs)
2. To prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS and mitigate its effects through programmes focused on counselling and guidance, educational training, and community outreach related to HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), family planning, and life skills planning.
3. To build and strengthen the capacity of community groups to improve upon management and planning at the local level by providing education and leadership training.
4. To build and strengthen strategic partnerships to maximize and effect change.
5. To mobilize resources and facilities from key stakeholders, government, and donors so as to implement community programs.